How do I "cancel" a download?

Reply to topic

Grigori ®

Longevity: 4 years 8 months

Post 12-Sep-2015 13:47

[Quote]

I am attempting to download a show from May 4, 1984 (http://smithstorrents.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=92) for which there is currently only one seeder. As I see now that there are other versions of this show available for download, I would like to find out how to "cancel" this download. Deleting the download in my BitTorrent client (Transmission) does not work, as when I attempt to download another, I receive the message saying that I can only download one at a time due to my low ratio. When I look at my PROFILE, I can see on the bottom of the screen that there is a field entitled "Canceled" (following the fields "Planned Downloads", "Current", and "Completed"). So, is there someway to "cancel" this current download and start fresh with another?
[Profile] [PM]

fab eberhard

Longevity: 7 years 2 months

Post 12-Sep-2015 18:12 (after 4 hours)

[Quote]

i'm thinking it's between you and your torrent app... you can tell it to stop and clear it from your drive at anytime. if you're worried about your ratio don't fret so much...
[Profile] [PM]

Grigori ®

Post 12-Sep-2015 18:33 (after 20 minutes)

[Quote]

i'm thinking it's between you and your torrent app... you can tell it to stop and clear it from your drive at anytime. if you're worried about your ratio don't fret so much...
I've tried that a couple of times: the download is removed from the client and deleted from the hard drive, but when trying another torrent, it says: "Tracker returned error: Only 1 torrent(s) allowed for leeching (ratio < 0.3)"
This hasn't happened with other files before, so it seems to be specific to this tracker.
[Profile] [PM]

Grigori ®

Post 12-Sep-2015 19:27 (after 54 minutes)

[Quote]

But now, after two days of trying, it's finally downloading! Or rather, the replacement file is downloading. :D
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 26-Jun 03:33