Please suggest a free DVD to mpeg utility

Reply to topic

SweetFA ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 19-Feb-2010 20:11

[Quote]

I've got a neat little digital photo frame thing in my bedroom that plays AVIs and MPEGs as well as works as a digital tv and erm a photoframe.
Would love to get the February Hacienda show and the Palladium 86 show on it but haven't the software to do it.
I'd rather not get pirated software to do it and certainly won't pay for anything so does anyone have a suggestion?
[Profile] [PM]

ravenslament.

Longevity: 8 years 5 months

Post 20-Feb-2010 15:10 (after 18 hours)

[Quote]

nch software have prism video converter which will transfer dvd files into avi which can be found at http://www.nchsoftware.com/prism/index.html its free to download . i convert my files from iplayer/youtube to avi using this software and have not had any trouble with it , the only problem i have come across is that it only transfers files to avi on the free version which is all i want it for anyway. hope this is useful (if it plays avi files) . if it isn't sorry in advance .
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA ®

Post 20-Feb-2010 21:39 (after 6 hours)

[Quote]

nch software have prism video converter which will transfer dvd files into avi which can be found at http://www.nchsoftware.com/prism/index.html its free to download . i convert my files from iplayer/youtube to avi using this software and have not had any trouble with it , the only problem i have come across is that it only transfers files to avi on the free version which is all i want it for anyway. hope this is useful (if it plays avi files) . if it isn't sorry in advance .
Thanks, i'll try that :D
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA ®

Post 21-Feb-2010 11:43 (after 14 hours)

[Quote]

Works a dream, the optional editing software it downloads is great too.
Got my favourite Smiths vids on my 4gig memory card now - Hacienda Feb 83, Derby Assembly Rooms, Madrid 85, and Palladium 86, compressed them all to mpeg and fit them in at around 2.54 gig at 352x264 with 160kb/s audio.
[Profile] [PM]

ravenslament.

Longevity: 8 years 5 months

Post 21-Feb-2010 13:35 (after 1 hour 51 minute)

[Quote]

glad to be of assistance sweet fa , i use quite a few nch products
[Profile] [PM]

torrentdl

Longevity: 6 years 4 months

Post 25-May-2011 06:32 (after 1 year 3 months)

[Quote]

handbrake.fr
it's one opensource and free dvd conversion tool
[Profile] [PM]

Sarin Samuel

Longevity: 3 years 4 months

Post 31-May-2014 14:21 (after 3 years)

[Quote]

Digital Media Converter is a very good free audio video converter software that also converts every type of media file.
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 17-Oct 06:04