Glastonbury 29/06/2013 (iPlayer)

Go to page :   Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

gonzax

Longevity: 11 years

Post 03-Jul-2013 14:47

[Quote]

Also available on Dime with better quality, bigger file at least, though only eight tracks!!
The red button versions has been converted to DVD. It's a lower quality stream than the normal TV channels. The iPlayer version would be the same 'quality' if you converted it to DVD.
I recorded both the red button broadcast and downloaded and converted the iPlayer version. I think the converted iPlayer stream looks better than the red button broadcast.
Really? it's strange that a converted version looks better than the original source. I don't really know, I haven't converted the iPlayer version, but the dvd version I downloaded from Dime is by far the one with better quality, that's for sure. Too bad it is only 8 songs long.
Fantastic stuff in any case.
That "Two light ales" sign brought a smile to my face, too, it reminded me of all those amazing videos from 1986 uploaded on here that I have watched a million times.
[Profile] [PM]

steve

Post 03-Jul-2013 15:15 (after 27 minutes)

[Quote]

They are both compressed streams. The version on dime is not the original source. Its just a DVD recording of the stream ... which is the equivalent of a conversion. Occasionally people put up the original transport streams for satellite broadcasts, the red button streams are much smaller than the equivalent time of normal BBC channel streams
[Profile] [PM]

gonzax

Post 03-Jul-2013 17:50 (after 2 hours 35 minutes)

[Quote]

Well, you're the expert, if you say they're the same quality when converted I believe you.
Thanks for the explanation, by the way.
[Profile] [PM]

dfb0210

Longevity: 7 years 9 months

Post 03-Jul-2013 23:23 (after 5 hours)

[Quote]

They are both compressed streams. The version on dime is not the original source. Its just a DVD recording of the stream ... which is the equivalent of a conversion. Occasionally people put up the original transport streams for satellite broadcasts, the red button streams are much smaller than the equivalent time of normal BBC channel streams
Sorry to correct you but the Dime version is NOT a compressed stream, it is the original source captured and reauthored into VOB format. There is no conversion at all, as stated in the info file. I ought to know as I am the uploader.
Why do you say it's a DVD recording? There's no mention of a DVD recorder in the lineage. :?: I captured the .TS file using a satellite PVR and authored it directly with the authoring software adding chapters.
[Profile] [PM]

steve

Post 04-Jul-2013 09:18 (after 9 hours)

[Quote]

OK ... sorry ... I didn't check the info on the dime download.
But that doesn't change the fact that it is a compressed stream. All the satellite transport streams are compressed to some degree, and the red button is compressed to a bigger degree than the normal bbc channel streams.
I didn't mean to say there was anything wrong with your upload onto dime.
All I was saying was that I had recorded both the red button stream and the iplayer stream (plus the 2 songs broadcast on BBC HD), and I was surprised that I thought that the iPlayer stream was better than the red button stream. I expected the opposite.
[Profile] [PM]

MickDude

Post 10-Aug-2013 20:45 (after 1 month 6 days)

[Quote]

Mega!
[Profile] [PM]

smorrissey

Post 11-Aug-2013 01:42 (after 4 hours)

[Quote]

Thanks, yesterday arrived my copy of the messenger from europe.
[Profile] [PM]

GuxTorrent

Longevity: 4 years 6 months

Post 29-Apr-2014 21:42 (after 8 months 18 days)

[Quote]

Great!!
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 14-Dec 06:26