Hello. My Ratio. Seeding.

Reply to topic

MickDude ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 12-Oct-2008 14:26

[Quote]

Hi all,
(Admin) I've got a load of torrents in my client at the minute downloading 1 at a time and my ratio is rubbish. Just wanna let you know that whatever I download will be seeded for a few weeks at least until my ratio is respectable. (Although it seems nobody wants the shows already seeding :)
Long Live The Smiths
MickDude
[Profile] [PM]

iisaphd

Longevity: 8 years 9 months

Post 17-Jan-2009 09:27 (after 3 months 4 days)

[Quote]

Check the "Tracker" link. Download those, seed them and your ratio should increase.
And, no, alas, I am not an admin
:D
[Profile] [PM]

bigaudio2009

Longevity: 8 years 8 months

Post 09-Feb-2009 20:47 (after 23 days)

[Quote]

having the same problem as mick dude,will follow your"tracker instructions and see what happens,cheers.
[Profile] [PM]

fab eberhard

Longevity: 7 years 5 months

Post 05-Sep-2013 15:08 (after 4 years 6 months)

[Quote]

i had issues with my ratio for a long time and because of that i used to stay away for fear that the torrent ratio police would swarm upon me for my shrimply attempts to share (and acquire). well... i persisted and lo and behold i found a moment that allowed me to get what i wanted and help others as well. it strikes me as funny that many torrent sites instill this kind of fear into their users/members/fans. thank god its different here. i was reading the beginning of the site history and marveling how from the very start, there was a desire to be the exception to the rule. very very satisfying to the soul. so after all that blathering on... hang in there, go for a bit of a controlled attack and before you know it...
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 05-Sep-2013 15:33 (after 25 minutes)

[Quote]

I think at some point in the next five years all these torrents will be replaced by direct downloads and the requirement for boring things like seeders and ratios will be negated.
In fact, I might even be able to do that now. I'd have to find a way of ripping out the tracker while keeping all these great comments though. Perhaps a job for another day.
[Profile] [PM]

savbomb

Longevity: 5 years 4 months

Post 12-Sep-2013 13:43 (after 6 days)

[Quote]

I think at some point in the next five years all these torrents will be replaced by direct downloads and the requirement for boring things like seeders and ratios will be negated.
In fact, I might even be able to do that now. I'd have to find a way of ripping out the tracker while keeping all these great comments though. Perhaps a job for another day.
Might moving to direct downloads make Warners have another think about shutting the site down? Just a thought.
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 12-Sep-2013 15:06 (after 1 hour 22 minutes)

[Quote]

Yes, maybe.
[Profile] [PM]

NoOneSpecial

Longevity: 3 years 5 months

Post 25-Apr-2014 03:04 (after 7 months 12 days)

[Quote]

newbie here. two hints for upping the ratio that i've gathered through my own experience:
1. go with the newest torrents, even if you're just going to listen to it once and then bin it.
2. seed for at least a month. i've got some trader's den material on my torrent what's been there for about two months. my ratio there is pretty good.
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 18-Oct 16:47