The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead: A Classic Album Under Review (documentary)

Reply to topic

monsterH ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 21-May-2011 04:07

[Quote]

The Smiths
The Queen Is Dead: A Classic Album Under Review (Documentary)
Source: Downloaded from the Internet. Format of 1.1 GB file is .mov (plays in QuickTime). I honestly don't remember where I got this from - I thought maybe from here, but I don't see it here and thought I'd share.
Some notes:
The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead - A Classic Album Under Review
If The Smiths had called it a day after Meat Is Murder, and never released The Queen Is Dead, they would surely still be seen as one of the finest British bands ever – a perpetual legacy was assured soon after their second album. But on June 16th 1986, when the band released their third record proper, they entered an exclusive league that grants new membership once a decade at best. Since that day they have been spoken and written about in the same breath as The Beatles, The Stones, Led Zeppelin, The Sex Pistols - but very few others.
This DVD is a visual review of this groundbreaking record, its writing, recording, production, release and legacy. Showing for the first time how it all came together and what made it so great, the film is all at once hugely enlightening, downright entertaining, and remains the only visual document of this momentous happening ever produced.
Features
- Rare footage of The Smiths.
- Studio and live recordings of every track on the album
- Revealing interviews with band members and many others who worked with them on the record Footage of and comment on the pivotal influences on the music and lyrics
- Comment, criticism and review from; Engineer and co-producer of Q.I.D., Stephen Street; Manchester legend, the sorely missed Tony Wilson [RIP]; ‘The ‘fifth smith’ guitarist Craig Gannon; Author of Morrissey and Marr: The Severed Alliance, Johnny Rogan; 1980s NME Editor and Smiths champion, Len Browne; Head Of English at Clare College, Cambridge, Professor Steven Logan; From Suede, the Smiths inspired Brett Anderson; Author of Morrissey : The Pageant Of His Bleeding Heart, Gavin Hopps; Guitar instructor, musician and journalist (Guitar Magazine), Douglas Noble and legendary Smiths’ road manager and all-round raconteur, Grant Showbiz
Enjoy!
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Post 21-May-2011 06:43 (after 2 hours 35 minutes)

[Quote]

Thanks for the upload. Not sure about this one as it's a commercially available DVD.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Smiths-Queen-Classic-Album-...ew/dp/B0016GLZ4C
[Profile] [PM]

the Flea

Post 21-May-2011 08:00 (after 1 hour 17 minutes)

[Quote]

Ah, not everything on Amazon is legit SFA ;)
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 21-May-2011 11:43 (after 3 hours)

[Quote]

Y'know, as much as I appreciate people sharing, I think I need to remove this one.
It's a legit DVD and the only people likely to buy it are Smiths obsessives. Having it here reduces its market quite a bit.
It was originally in a thread at Moz Solo.
[Profile] [PM]

iSuedehead

Longevity: 6 years 3 months

Post 24-Jan-2012 02:55 (after 8 months 2 days)

[Quote]

can someone please seed this? thank you.
[Profile] [PM]

somnar

Longevity: 8 years 7 months

Post 24-Feb-2013 02:55 (after 1 year 1 month)

[Quote]

Hi,
Great site and thanks to everyone who makes this site worthwhile.
Been searching for this for a while.
Did find it here for viewing and downloading here http://vdownload.eu/watch/486547-the-smiths-the-queen-is-dead-a-classic-album-under-review.html
Please delete this post if unappropriate.
Cheers,
somnar
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 24-Oct 00:10