Johnny Marr leaves Cribs for solo career

Reply to topic

ravenslament. ®

Longevity: 8 years 4 months

Post 12-Apr-2011 05:42

[Quote]

Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Johnny Marr leaves Cribs for solo career
Ex-Smiths guitarist Johnny Marr has left The Cribs.
Marr joined the band on tour in 2008 and soon became an official member, contributing material to their 2009 album Ignore The Ignorant. He later said that "it would be weird" not to record another album with the band.
However, in a statement to Billboard magazine later confirmed on his official website, Marr revealed that he has left the band and will not tour with them on their upcoming shows.
Marr said: "I'm working on new solo songs. I'll be putting out two records over the next year or so and doing more film soundtrack work.
"Touring and recording with Ryan, Gary and Ross [Jarman] has been fantastic and Ignore The Ignorant is something I'm really proud of. We ended up doing much more than we originally set out to and I've made three good friends."
NME claims that Marr officially left the group in January and will not work on their next album.
After The Smiths dissolved in 1987, Marr released three albums as Electronic with New Order's Bernard Sumner. He also worked with The The, Modest Mouse, 7 Worlds Collide and headed up Johnny Marr + the Healers for one album, 2003's Boomslang.
Marr recently worked on the soundtrack for Inception and wrote the score for Antonio Banderas movie The Big Bang.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a313980/john...solo-career.html
[Profile] [PM]

lamplighter

Longevity: 11 years

Post 24-Apr-2011 09:49 (after 12 days)

[Quote]

Good. Now hopefully he can go off an produce something good that he owns completely. Sessioning with the Cribs, Modest Mouse and The The doesn't cut it. I didn't engage with The Healers but at least that was an effort.
I quite liked the Inception soundtrack, but his contribution was over hyped, not least by himself.
Bernard Butler followed Suede with Mcalmont and Butler and then quickly put out two solo albums before settling in to his formal producer role.
Sorry - big fan of his playing on The Smiths but I think his light went out in 1987 and I'd love to see him come back to life again!
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Longevity: 11 years

Post 24-Apr-2011 09:55 (after 6 minutes)

[Quote]

He wrote two good singles with Electronic imho, "Getting Away With It" and "Get The Message".
The Healers weren't up to much, personally I think his best bet would be forming a band with Noel Gallagher, i think he needs someone to write the lyrics and they could be a decent partnership.
[Profile] [PM]

ravenslament. ®

Post 24-Apr-2011 10:07 (after 11 minutes)

[Quote]

i agree with you there sweet fa
[Profile] [PM]

DAVIE

Longevity: 8 years 1 month

Post 16-May-2011 07:30 (after 21 day)

[Quote]

Yeah I think its time for Johnny Marr to make songs like he did whilst in The Smiths. His talent has been wasted for a couple of decades.
[Profile] [PM]

ravenslament. ®

Post 16-May-2011 07:42 (after 11 minutes)

[Quote]

true there davie
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 21-Aug 06:27