What happened to DavidA?

Go to page :   Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

WaxlyMolding

Longevity: 13 years

Post 21-Apr-2009 01:00

[Quote]

Not to mention you'd have to hack some of the shows up to avoid the commercial release problems.
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Post 22-Apr-2009 09:50 (after 1 day 8 hours)

[Quote]

Back to DavidA, i do hope he's ok.
I doubt having a kid would keep him off here for all that length of time, even if he could no longer afford a PC or internet connection you'd think he'd log-on via a mobile phone or something from time to time.
[Profile] [PM]

the Flea

Post 22-Apr-2009 10:05 (after 14 minutes)

[Quote]

I'm sure he's OK. If something had happened, a family member or close friend would have come on and mentioned it. Having a child changes a person's priorities to one degree or another.
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Post 22-Apr-2009 15:05 (after 4 hours)

[Quote]

I'm sure he's OK. If something had happened, a family member or close friend would have come on and mentioned it. Having a child changes a person's priorities to one degree or another.
You're probably right though i suspect if i kick the bucket no-one on here will know about it as no-one i know in the real world is a fellow Smithstorrents user as far as i'm aware....
[Profile] [PM]

ezears

Post 24-Apr-2009 19:47 (after 2 days 4 hours)

[Quote]

Worse comes to worse, given that it will be possible, I'd be able to be the new host of smithstorrents, provided that the website and database data would be transferred over to me.
I'd personally opt to stay away from Dime unless we really need to use it. I like this site, but what we have here is precious, and I'm not just talking about the torrents, but the community as well.

Last edited by ezears on 2014-04-06 04:49; edited 1 time in total
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 27-Apr-2009 23:09 (after 3 days)

[Quote]

Wow. A two page post about me.
No exciting story. It's true that I've spent lots of time with my young family. My business has also taken a lot of time. The main reason is that I had a big old HD crash that took my Smiths collection with it. Obviously I have all of the studio material on CD, but I hadn't backed up the bootlegs. I lost some enthusiasm for collecting the bootlegs after that.
I've lurked around from time to time and still pay the £80 a month to host the site as it's clear that it's still used by people. I'm pleased that there's still new material being distributed.
I have a small 250GB USB drive. If I posted it to someone could someone share their Smiths collection? Perhaps could be the first leg of the long overdue hard disc tour.
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Post 28-Apr-2009 00:53 (after 1 hour 43 minutes)

[Quote]

Wow. A two page post about me.
No exciting story. It's true that I've spent lots of time with my young family. My business has also taken a lot of time. The main reason is that I had a big old HD crash that took my Smiths collection with it. Obviously I have all of the studio material on CD, but I hadn't backed up the bootlegs. I lost some enthusiasm for collecting the bootlegs after that.
I've lurked around from time to time and still pay the £80 a month to host the site as it's clear that it's still used by people. I'm pleased that there's still new material being distributed.
I have a small 250GB USB drive. If I posted it to someone could someone share their Smiths collection? Perhaps could be the first leg of the long overdue hard disc tour.
Good to hear you're not dead!
I see you've added a favicon logo as well.....
[Profile] [PM]

the Flea

Post 28-Apr-2009 04:07 (after 3 hours)

[Quote]

Yay, the main man's back, good to see you :)
[Profile] [PM]

XAVeRY

Longevity: 11 years

Post 28-Apr-2009 16:05 (after 11 hours)

[Quote]

Glad to see you're doing well.
Provided that you won't be afraid to post it to Poland, I'd be willing to share. I've got 108GB of The Smiths bootlegs and 33GB of Morrissey, mostly from here, but there's a few things from Dime as well - not a lot, though. On a second thought, there's probably someone in the UK who has a bigger collection than I do. ;)
[Profile] [PM]

ezears

Post 01-May-2009 16:49 (after 3 days)

[Quote]

You're probably right though i suspect if i kick the bucket no-one on here will know about it as no-one i know in the real world is a fellow Smithstorrents user as far as i'm aware....
"....no-one i know in the real world is a fellow Smithstorrents user as far as i'm aware..."
That almost sounds like some kind of secret oath we all had to take to register on here, heh. :lol:
[Profile] [PM]

MorningGlory123

Post 09-May-2009 13:57 (after 7 days)

[Quote]

Hey David, glad to hear from you - if you send your USB drive to me I'd glady return the favour (remember that DVD you sent me?) and fill it with my collection. :)
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 09-May-2009 18:01 (after 4 hours)

[Quote]

Flea is doing the honours for me. Thanks all the same.
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 14-Oct 20:38